Patina is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and creative Arts Coordinator to help with the management of the arts, fundraising and event management for the Moving On project. The role is a freelance position working part time (mainly 1 day a week increasing to very occasional full time at peak times) between March and July 2020. Remuneration is £3500 for the total contracted period. The role is as follows:
Freelance, Part time, March – July
Arts activities: Manage artist logistics and material purchasing, distribution and storage including:
- Organise and coordinate a timetable when the Patina presenter and artists go into all schools to present the substance of each year’s theme to the children followed by design brainstorm sessions
- Liaise with artists and parents / teachers regarding their preferred list of materials, keeping to budget.
- Consider all environmental impacts of materials and provide guidance and costings on sustainable choices
- Organise shopping lists and order art materials, sourcing recycled art materials where possible, keeping to budget.
- Organise masterclass workshops for parents, teachers and artists. Preparation for the masterclasses include liaising with artists and parents, booking a space, sourcing and preparing materials, provide lunch, set up and tidy up.
- Support artists in their designs and practicalities, organising an artist design sharing session. Help deliver materials to schools if artists don’t have transport, etc.
- Allocate workshop period according to SATS and storage arrangements
- Liaise with Priory School on workshop dates so pupils can assist in their primary schools
- Organise space from which the artists can collect their materials and work on designs and prototypes.
- Visit schools during the workshop period, making sure all goes smoothly and support artists if difficulties arise.
- Organise the order of schools’ position in the Parade – based on previous positions, the designs, the colours and music elements.
- Collect Patina equipment from artists and schools
- Collect all left over materials, sort out what worth keeping and put in storage, clear unusable materials to recycling or the tip. NB Own transport is a prerequisite to being able to fulfil this role.
Fundraising and communications
- Help Director with fundraising activities and theme related events
- Assist with communications, supporting Director with briefings and meetings where needed.
- Coordinate production of t-shirts orders, printing and sales to outlets, schools and individuals.
- Help Director in the weeks run up to Moving On
- Active on the day participation in the smooth running for the Parade
- Assist with the organisation and setting up of the exhibition.
- Book the window of the Tourist Office window for the week leading to the parade, dress it and take down a week after
If you would like to join the team behind this exciting and unique project and have the skills we are looking for, please complete the Arts Coordinator application form and send to Caroline Croft at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 November. Interview date is 18 November in Lewes. We look forward to hearing from you!